Tuesday 27 December 2011

THE GREAT CINEMA EXPERIENCE


There are two cinemas where I live. there is the Eye cinema and the Omniplex. The experiences they offer are very different. My favourite has a style that appeals to my taste. I like their brand of popcorn and the staff seems to always be in the right place at the right time, saying and doing the right things. From the word go I have put value on my cinema of choice and that’s before I’ve even seen the movie. Going to the cinema is a ritual for me. It’s not just about the film, it’s also about the popcorn, the drink and most importantly, the tuning in to tune out factor. Of course, I want to see something that I will like, but if I don’t that’s no problem because I’m guaranteed the great cinema experience. If I was to put all my eggs in the one basket when it comes to the cinema experience and think I’m only paying to see the movie I’d more than likely never return after seeing one film that I didn't like. I always get value for my buck when I go to the movies because of how I gauge and see the whole experience. Always remember, two people can see the same movie in the same place at the same time and offer different points of views on the film. Your thoughts on the movie are an opinion. The value is in the experience that surrounds the viewing. The same can be said for a lot of things in business and life. When you are buying or selling a product or service do you put value only on the product or service or do you look at the bigger picture, the experience? Buy into the experience when making a purchase and if you are selling a product, give an experience that makes people want to come back for more.

Drop the monkey business and put the great cinema experience in everything that you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment